Mill Valley, CA – August 19, 2020 – What began as a portal service for agricultural clients has expanded into a suite of elaborate data products to provide critical weather and climate information that empower growers and producers to make confident and informed business decisions. This month’s retrospective looks back upon CustomWeather’s introduction of its weather services for agriculture.
In 2010, CustomWeather launched an agriculture weather portal to address the specific needs of key clients, including:
- Regional averages and forecasts for the specific boundaries of crop
- Deviations from normal and historical averages for customer-specified
crop growing areas.
- Visually pleasing charts and graphs showing weather changes over time
- Weather maps of specific crop areas
- Long and short range weather outlooks
Since 2010, CustomWeather’s agriculture client needs have expanded, and numerous specialized products have since been developed:
- Evapotranspiration calculations and forecasts for every point on Earth, utilizing the CIMIS equation for ETO, a version of the Modified Penman Equation with a wind function developed at the University of California-Davis.
- An online growing degree day calculator
- Soil moisture and soil temperature forecasts and observations
- Pest and disease modeling for specific diseases, including powdery mildew and Downy mildew indices for vineyards
- Seasonal Climate Forecasts
- Historical Data and Rainfall estimates from both satellite-derived sources and weather sensors
A comprehensive overview of CustomWeather’s agriculture products can be found at //industry-solutions/agriculture/
CustomWeather celebrates 20 years of excellence and innovation by offering a monthly reflection upon its significant accomplishments and milestones over the past 2 decades. CustomWeather has developed numerous first-of-its-kind weather products and services that give its clients the advantage of precision data and leading-edge technology to fulfill their business requirements, whether it be providing weather data to their own customers or integrating the data into their business systems.
CustomWeather serves a global client base from its headquarters in Mill Valley, CA. CustomWeather has maintained a small size in order to remain true to its core mission of offering exclusive, customized solutions that include boutique-level customer service and support for utilities, media, business, and government institutions that seek only the highest quality data and services. CustomWeather’s pinpoint weather data, including many lesser-known variables, for millions of locations around the world, in over 200 countries and in over 85 languages, has resulted in an unmatched weather service for forward-thinking enterprises. In addition to real-time and forecasted weather data, CustomWeather maintains a unique and powerful historical data trove dating back 50+ years that empowers clients to train their own internal AI models for business forecasting and analytics.
Need a Custom Solution?