Alerts and Tracking
Essential localized weather alerts and advisories for major weather developments, including tropical storm and hurricane tracking.
Government-Issued Alerts (US and Canada)
Severe Weather Alerts (United States)
- Real-time severe weather alerts for the entire US
- Alerts are provided as soon as they are issued by the National Weather Service
- No other weather provider offers real-time access to this information in so many unique technical formats.
Environment Canada Severe Weather Alerts (Canada)
- Real-Time location-specific warnings, watches, and advisories issued by Environment Canada.
- Alerts are categorized according to 38 alert types including thunderstorm warnings, winter storm warnings, marine warnings, and wind advisories.
- Alerts are limited to within Canada.
- Canadian alerts are also offered as part of a U.S.-Canada combined alert product.
Global Alerts and Advisories
Custom Alert Email
- Custom alerts can be generated for any specific weather criteria
- Alert criteria can be in the past based on climate data or in the future based on weather forecasts
- Weather alerts can be generated that incorporate both past and future weather data
- Custom alerts can be sent out via email to specific user groups, via FTP, or via SMS using carrier email-to-SMS transmission
Current Condition Observation Alerts
- Alert notifications of severe weather events based on thousands of global, real-time current condition reports.
- Alerts are issued against standard criteria or customized for client requirements.
Forecasted Significant Weather
- Forecasted Significant Weather highlights areas with the most significant weather as compared to climatology.
- Created to be used in conjunction with Severe Weather Advisories.
- Forecasted Significant Weather uses a ranking of 0-100 to indicate the significance of weather in a particular location with a focus on precipitation, winds, and temperature.
Severe Weather Advisories
- First and only worldwide severe weather advisory system.
- Our advisories inform people around the globe of potentially dangerous or severe weather conditions in their local area BEFORE they happen.
- Advisories are updated four times daily and are available for 80,000+ worldwide locations.
- Advisories cover the next 24 hours.
- Options for upcoming 6 hours, 48 hours, and upcoming 5 days are also available.
- Lightning Strider Alerts (US only)
- High winds
- Freeze alerts
- Ice accretion
- Extreme heat alerts
- Hail potential
- Tornado potential
- Surf alerts
- Tropical storm updates
Tropical storm and hurricane tracking products for the North Atlantic, North Pacific, and Indian Oceans throughout the hurricane season.
Hurricane Tracking Information
Hurricane tracking includes:
- Current movement and minimum central pressure
- Forecasted storm positions
- Forecasted wind speeds, wind gusts, wind radiia
- Forecasted wave radii
- Forecasted conditions are provided for the upcoming 72 hours
CustomWeather offers a range of GIS formats enabling integration of the data directly into a client’s own geospatial application.
- Tropical storm paths
- Error cones
- Wind swaths
- Proprietary tracking maps with both past track information and future path projection
- All information is in an easy to read format for optimum plotting and display
Need a Custom Solution?