Geographic Information System
CustomWeather provides an OpenGIS®-based framework that can seamlessly and easily fit into any GIS.
- Seamlessly fits any Geographic Information System (GIS)
- All CustomWeather map layers are also available as SHAPE files
- Individual map layers can be dynamically plotted on client-supplied base maps or on CustomWeather’s high color, topographical base maps as a default
- Maps parameters are fully customizable – CustomWeather clients choose their own bounding coordinates, map sizes, weather variables, cities, output format, borders, and even the satellite contrast to be used
- Map data can be displayed in real-time or animated over time
- Dozens of pre-generated maps are available to choose from if preferred
- Map server is designed to fit into any map system
CustomWeather’s universal map server produces maps in real-time for client-specified needs through an easy-to-use http interface. All CustomWeather content is location-based, providing relevant weather information for over 80,000 locations worldwide.
- Infrared satellite
- Doppler radar
- Current conditions
- Weather forecasts
- Severe weather warnings and watches
- Frontal maps
- Hurricane Tracking Maps
- Precipitation forecasts
- Real-time rainfall analysis
- Temperature contours
- Earthquake reports
- Wind plots
- Fire danger forecasts
Need a Custom Solution?