CustomWeather’s solutions for agriculture provide critical weather and climate information that empower growers and producers to make confident and informed business decisions. CustomWeather’s services are customized to individual regions of interest anywhere in the world.
CustomWeather offers a comprehensive range of weather variables and derivatives specific to the agricultural industry with custom options available.
- Sunshine Hours (light sensitivity)
- Soil Moisture Upper 10cm-200cm
- Powdery Mildew Index
- Accumulated Rainfall Analysis
- Total Cloud Cover
- High Resolution Precipitation Forecasts
- Surface Temperature
CustomWeather can offer a number of customized alerts to warn you of impending weather or when weather conditions are ripe for certain crop disease outbreaks.
- Excessive Rainfall Alerts
- Palmer Index
- High Wind Alerts
- Drought Index
- Powdery Mildew Index
- Pest and Disease Alerts (crop-specific)
- Prolonged Heat Alerts
Seasonal Climate Reports
- Detailed analysis of outlook for the upcoming 60-90 days.
- Climate-based overview highlighting trends, effects, and updates on El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) and other large scale weather phenomenon that may impact each region.
- Delivered monthly or seasonally upon request via email, fax or posted online through the CustomWeather web portal interface.
Daily and Weekly Weather Reports
- Options for Hourly, Daily, 7 or 15 Day Weather reports and forecasts for your specific growing location(s)
- Summary and review of previous weather
- Detailed discussion, forecast and analysis of anticipated conditions by a CustomWeather meteorologist
- Delivered daily or weekly via email (as PDF), fax or posted online via CustomWeather’s web portal interface
(normalized difference vegetation index)
- provides for points, areas, and offers zonal stats by crop areas
- Other services include LIS (land information system) and satellite-derived precipitation
- LIS data is delivered at 15 km resolution and soil moisture is provided for 4 different levels.
CW-MOS: Custom Modeling
CustomWeather has years of experience running weather models for custom projects such as:
- Hydrology for soil runoff
- High resolution wind modeling for spray applications
- Precipitation forecasts
- Pest/disease modeling for potential outbreaks
CustomWeather has incorporated years of research and development to offer a proprietary 15-day CW-MOS (Model Output Statistics) weather forecast, based on our own 2+ year analysis of raw model data. This product builds upon our existing high resolution weather forecasting techniques. The accuracy results show significant forecast improvement across all forecast lead-times. CustomWeather offers MOS forecasts for more than 10,000 locations worldwide.
For more information about CW-MOS, click HERE.
Historical Forecasts, Hourly/Daily Climate and Rainfall
- CustomWeather’s Historical Forecast Data includes historical hourly and/or daily forecast data from 2009 until present date. Data includes condition descriptions, high/low temperatures, wind speed and direction, humidity, comfort level, UV index, expected and probability of precipitation, and miles of visibility.
- CustomWeather offers a comprehensive database of daily and hourly climate information for over 8000 locations worldwide
- Daily climate records go back over 100 years and hourly climate records go back over 50 years. Our standard product sets include 10, 20 or 30 years of historical data. Normalized values can be delivered across each of these periods
- Rainfall estimates for 1-hour, 2-hour and storm totals. CustomWeather has developed a breakthrough system that utilizes data supplied by NASA to estimate rainfall totals for both the past 3 hours and the past 24 hours
For detailed information about Historical Data and Analytics, click HERE.
- Support Open Geospatial Consortium Web Map Server Technology (WMS)
- Support ESRI Shape Files (approved as both ArcWeb Partner and ESRI Business Partner)
- Map Tiles: most of our data is now offered as map tiles. We can also support KML/KMZ file conversions
For more information about our maps, please click HERE.
Need a Custom Solution?